Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stop, Hey, what's that sound?!

It's finally happened! I am starting a blog! Mostly it's because I have been told by one too many of my ever so loving family members and friends that it was necessary considering I tend to talk too long, too passionately about my favorite movies and music that just came out that I love and crazy stuff that has happened in the entertainment world. They all say the same thing,

"LIZZY! Talk to someone who WANTS to hear all this stuff for hours and hours."

So heck, I will. At least they're honest I suppose. Lemme explain the type of stuff that I talk about and a little about me.

I'm 23 and living in the Chicago suburbs. I have a 2 year old boy, and I work at Starbucks while working on my degree in filmmaking and production. In my spare time, I work on my music (I play guitar), my films (I have a million documentary ideas), journal, and play with my kid.

I wish I had been born in 1945. Most of the best movies and music came out in the late fifties, early sixties and I know I would have ruled the world back then. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that there aren't modern musicians and movies and filmmakers that I LOVE.

I don't follow the typical formula for a classic rock lover or a scream queen. I could blast Taylor Swift on the way to a Bob Dylan concert. I could love the remake of a classic horror movie more than the original. I read my celebrity gossip app every day, even reading up on people that I don't particularly care for...**coughcough*Kim K*coughcough** and I do it because as much as I wish I could hold on the sixties, it's 2012 and things are different. Since I am going into filmmaking, I need to stay up to date on what makes the news and what people like.

I am who I am and I like what I like, I never pretend to be anything other than that. I don't have guilty pleasures, because none of my pleasures make me feel guilty. I don't listen to "everything", there are definitely genres of music and movies that I do not like as much. However I do keep an open mind to everything. I will listen to musicians who make me feel something, as long as the feeling is positive. If you have talent, if you play your music, if your lyrics speak to me, I'll probably like you.

At the end of the day, this blog is an opportunity for me to spill my burning thoughts about the movie I just saw or the CD that just came out or the big scandal that just hit the news. Maybe it will be for you, maybe it won't be. But mostly, it's for me. Sometimes I just want to let it all out. It's going to be a little jagged. Tomorrow maybe I'll review the Little Mermaid because I watched it with my son, and the next day maybe my boyfriend and I will go see The Campaign and I'll review that. You never know, so keep coming back!




No comments:

Post a Comment